Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Set A Fire Down In My Soul

I truly pray that you had a wonderful weekend and that your day is going well!~
The weather has already done a shift and most of us are in the hustle and bustle of getting our children back to school!  Don't try to hide that smile, I know you're happy that they are back to school and out of the house!  Oh the joys of a closed refrigerator, a little more food left in the cabinets, and a little more money in your wallet! :-)
I'm still trying to understand what happened to our summer here in the Mid-West.  It has been rainy, and windy, and now chilly; I think we had summer for about three weeks!
 Maybe we'll get a few more weeks of warm weather before we completely transition to Fall!

Now that I got that out I wanted to share with you a few tid bits from my worship experience on Sunday!  WoW it was amazing!  As a worship leader it is not often that I am sitting out from ministering; however, yesterday I didn't sing because I was working my way through a sinus infection.  It took all of my strength to get ready and get to the House of God, but once I got in the presence of God I felt my strength being renewed! I had no idea what God had in store for me as I was able to soak, receive, and be ministered to!  
 I needed my cup to be filled again, that I may give out of my overflow!



I had been in the service for all of 20 minutes when I could feel the well of tears stirring up on the inside of me, and I began to search for tissues in an effort to maintain my mascara, eyeliner, and foundation.  It was not working! 
As the fire of God's presence began to fill the room, it was as if I could feel the light of heaven shinning directly on my soul!  I could feel the pull of gravity (the weight of His glory) pulling me downward and before I knew it I was eating the carpet!

It was the fire of God!!! I had been singing "set a fire down in my soul that I can't contain that I can't control, I want more of you God!"  That is exactly what He did!
 God set the fire down and in my soul and began to peel back some more layers, revealing those things in me that He desired to consume and burn in His presence!  My heart had been made ready in worship, making it easy for me to say "YES!"  I so love that fact that God is commited to finishing what He has started in our lives, pefecting everything that concerns us!  Sometimes it takes burning up everything that's not like Him, and sometimes it requires a little tilling, pruning, and cutting away the excess fat around our hearts!  Today I am so very thankful that God thought enough of me to change me and conform me into the image of His Son!  Sometimes I'm unable to see me for me, but the Holy Spirit will so graciously shine the light of His presence on my soul like a mirror, then washing me of all impurities.  

Today I pray that you allow yourself to become vulnerable in God's presence that He may shine the light of His glory into your soul, perfecting you in every area of your life!  Please join with me in praying that God will set a fire down in your soul that you can't contain or control!

I pray that this song blesses you~



No comments:

Post a Comment

****If the Heart of Worship Blog has blessed you, please feel free to share it with others on Facebook, Twitter, or Email, by clicking on the tab below! I would love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to post your comments, as well as become a subscriber down below!****