Thursday, August 22, 2013

There's "No Gray"....I CHOOSE LIFE!

..............."I know that where you are in your walk you are probably far removed from this place; nevertheless, I thought you'd love this song by Jonathan McReynolds "No Gray!" 

This was the text that I received from my God-Son last week, and I'm thinking to myself, I still have things that I'm working my way through! I have to make the decision to Die to my flesh daily!  I sometimes have situations and circumstances that are facing me and I have to choose, and choose again......LIFE!  Deuteronomy 30:19 says, I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may Live;

 The world has much to offer, and there are so many distractions, but it is up to us as to whether we will receive the blessing or the curse based on our choices.  I don't know about you, but I want to be blessed beyond the curse, so I Choose Life! 

After looking at the lyrics to the song "No Gray" I started to think about how many of us are in this place where we feel split and divided; part of us loving God, and part of us loving the world!  No man can serve two masters, we must Love one and Hate the other!  We have to be white or black, with no shades of gray!
 God tells us that he would rather we be Hot or Cold than lukewarm!  At some point and time we have to stop straddling the fence and choose which side we are going to be on!  

Are you finding yourself up one day and down the next?
Are you being influenced by the world?
Do you constantly find yourself torn between making the right and wrong decisions?
If this is you, today I encourage you to Choose Life!


Here are the lyrics to the song "NO GRAY"! I pray that you allow these words to penetrate your spirit!


Verse 1:

Lord I'm split in two
Part of me loves the world
And the other loves You
So what do I do
I wanna be saved
But I got to stay cool too



And no I'm not a fool
I know eventually I'm gonna have to choose
And really I don't wanna lose
My ticket into heaven
And a chance to be used by You


Chorus:
And if it's God that I'm after

Then I can't serve two masters
And before something happens
I got to turn it all around
Because I know



I can't just have my cake and eat it too
Cause it's real easy to stay on the fence and still do you
And it'd be cool if we could love the Lord and still go do our thing
But see it doesn't work like that
I got to be white or black

Oh ooohh

Verse 2:

Lord I've realized
when it comes to sin
You just don't compromise
It's a matter of death and life
Be weak and do wrong
Or be strong and do right



And I don't wanna keep going to church
Singing about how much You're worth
And then continue doing my dirt
Living as if I didn't care if You're hurt


Chorus:
And if it's God that I'm after

Then I can't serve two masters
And before something happens
I gotta turn it all around
Because you know



You can't just have your cake and eat it too
Cause it's real easy to stay on the fence and still do You
And it'd be cool if we could love the Lord and still go do our thing
See it doesn't work like that
You got to be white or black


Bridge:

We saint's got to
Get it together
Just got to
Get it together


And if it's God we're after

We got to pick one master
And before something happens
We better turn it all around



Because you know
You can't just have your cake and eat it too
Cause it's really easy to stay on the fence and still do you
And it'd be cool if we could love the Lord and still go do our thing
See it doesn't work like that
You got to be white or black

Cause it don't work like that

You gotta pick white or black...


No Grey, No shades of Grey, it don't work like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

****If the Heart of Worship Blog has blessed you, please feel free to share it with others on Facebook, Twitter, or Email, by clicking on the tab below! I would love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to post your comments, as well as become a subscriber down below!****