Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Working For My Good

There is something that has been on my heart for the past couple of days that I have not been able to shake!  Romans 8:28 has been stirring in my spirit, over and over and over again.  "And we know that all things WORK together for GOOD to them that love God and are the called according to His purpose!" This one scripture is packed with so much goodness that you can dissect and chew on it for days; however, the two words WORK and GOOD are what stood out to me!
 I started to ponder on those words, asking God what it was that He wanted me to understand an take away from this verse!  All I kept hearing, ringing in my spirit, was WORKing and my GOOD!  So I took a minute to look up those two words and there were so many definitions.

The meaning for WORKing is the process of shaping material, and the word GOOD is derived from the Latin word bene, which is where we get the word benefit or beneficial.  Once I saw the meaning, it was at that point the light bulb went off for me..............And we know that all things are the process of shaping (life, situations, issues, disappointment, etc.) together for the benefit of them that love God and are the called according to His purpose!  It is The Things in our lives: failed relationships, unfulfilled dreams, a broken heart, promotion, sickness, loss of a job, the birth of a child, the loss of a loved one, a graduation, missed opportunity, relocation, and the list can go on and on, that are working together for our good!
  • How many times have we cried out to God about the things that are going on in our lives? 
  • How many times have we asked God to remove certain things from our lives? 
  • How many times have we complained all the way through the process, not remembering that ALL Things are Working, shaping, cultivating, grooming, and making us for our benefit?


Psalm 119:71 says, "it is Good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn your statues."  Look, it is really just this simple, "where there are no things, there can be no-thing to work with."  I continue to preach the message of perspective and perception because it has everything to do with how we see things, and the attitude in which we deal with the things we see!
Life comes for all of us, and sometimes it seems harder for some than others.  We have various things and situations that we are going through, and some days it feels like the cares of the world have come in to overtake us.  I'm not here to tell you that what you are facing is not real; however, I am here to let you know that your past, real life present, and future things are the process (the working) of shaping your life material together for your benefit, your GOOD!


Please take a minute to listen to this song "It's Working", I believe it will bless you!


****If this has blessed you, please feel free to pass along and share it with others on Facebook, Twitter, or email, by clicking on the tab below!  I would love to hear your comments as well as becoming a subscriber!****

No comments:

Post a Comment

****If the Heart of Worship Blog has blessed you, please feel free to share it with others on Facebook, Twitter, or Email, by clicking on the tab below! I would love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to post your comments, as well as become a subscriber down below!****